Miss Sydney’s Soaked Pork Tenderloin Beet Juice & Red Wine Couscous and Apple Fennel Slaw
Serves 2 1 pork tenderloin, cut into 8 medallions and marinated in Miss Sydney’s Original Marinade for at least 1 hour
1 cup beet juice (use either 2 large red beets processed in a juicer, or the juice from 2 cans of red beets)
2 green apples
2 fennel stalks
1½ cup mayonnaise
2 cups uncooked couscous
1 cup red wine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sear the pork tenderloin on both sides in a hot pan and finish in the oven for about 10 minutes (you can also grill it).
3. While pork is cooking, combine beet juice and red wine in a pot and bring to a boil.
4. Pour beet juice and red wine over the uncooked couscous; steep, covered, for 2-3 minutes; set aside.
5. As couscous steeps, thinly slice the apple and fennel and combine with the mayonnaise to create coleslaw. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
6. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
7. To plate, scoop out couscous, followed by the apple/fennel slaw. Then add the pork.