Miss Sydney’s Meatloaf Muffins, Sweet Corn Hash &
Ingredients for the meatloaf muffins: (Yield 8 Servings)
• 2lb’s of Ground Beef
• ½ Cup of Sour Cream
• ½ Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
• 4 Eggs
• 1 ½ Tablespoons of Kosher Salt
• 1 ½ Tablespoons of Black Pepper
• 1 ½ Tablespoons of Ground Fennel
• 1 ½ Tablespoons of Granulated Garlic
• 1 ½ Tablespoons of Granulated Onion
• Pinch of Nutmeg
Method for the meatloaf muffins:
• Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until blended.
• Using a 4oz scoop portion into patties and place in a muffin pan.
• Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven or until it reaches a temperature of 140 degrees and pull them out of the oven and let cool (Meatloaf will be moist due to the sour cream).
Ingredients for the sweet corn hash:
• 2/ 3oz Bags of Idahoan Premium Hash Brown
• 2 Cups of Finely Diced White Onions
• 2 Cups of Boiling Water
• 1/15.25oz of Whole Kernel Corn Drained (No Salt Added)
• 1/1oz Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix
• 1 Cup of Oil
Method for the sweet corn hash:
1. Pour pouch of hash browns into a small bowl
2. Add the boiling water and stir lightly with a fork to moisten the hash browns
3. Cover and let stand for 8 to 10 minutes
4. Heat a 12” cast iron skillet over medium to high heat and start by caramelizing the onions and corn for about 5 minutes
5. Spread hash browns evenly over the onion and corn mixture and let sit for a few minutes
6. Cook uncovered for about 10-15 minutes on low until golden brown stirring the mixture every few minutes
Ingredients for the pickled onions:
• 4 White Onions
• 2/16 oz. Glass Mason Jars
• 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
• 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
• 1/2 Cup Hot Water
• Red food coloring as desired
Method for the pickled onions (Do this 2 weeks in advance so it has time to cure):
1) Slice the onions paper thin using a mandolin and place in a bowl.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, water and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
3) Add red food coloring to the vinegar mixture until desired redness is met.
4) Divide the onions between the two mason jars. Pack down in the jars firmly.
5) Pour the vinegar mixture over the onions in each jar evenly and until fully submerged.
6) Seal each jar with a lid and place in the refrigerator. This is a cold pickling process and you should ALWAYS use glass jars. It must stay chilled at all times. The shelf life is about 2 months with refrigeration.
Method for assembly of Meatloaf Muffins:
1. Heat the meatloaf muffins in a skillet and plate with the sweet corn hash and top the meat loaf with the pickled onions and Whipple’s Ketch-It-Up.
Copyright 2006 - 2020 Miss Sydney's Secret Family Recipes, LLC All Rights Reserved
PO Box 123 - Feura Bush - NY - 12067